Can I connect my Counter via Hotspot?
Yes you can! 👍
Please note that connecting your Counter via your smartphone hotspot will have it consume approximately 5Mo/day.
🚨 However, the first time you set your Counter up we will ask you to get:
- the smartphone (the one on which you will activate your Counter will be connected to
- another device (smartphone, laptop, tablet) from which you will follow the setup process on your My.Smiirl account. ⚠️The said device will have to be connected to the Internet via Wi-Fi, and in no way through an Ethernet cable.
Ready? Set? Go! 🏃🏿
1) Activate your phone’s hotspot (the one that your Counter is going to be connected to) and don’t touch it till the end of the setup process.
2) Connect your other device to your MySmiirl account and click on “Install” (if your Counter has never been set up yet) or "Connect to the Internet".
3) Follow the connexion steps (have a look at the following article for further details on the installation process)
- Make sure your Counter is plugged and there is no Ethernet cable plugged in. To start the process please make sure your Counter is displaying one striped flap on the left, as shown below :
- Select "via Wi-Fi"
- Connect your device (the one with which you are following the connection process) to the SmiirlSetup network and go on with the setup process.
- Still, from the same device, select your smartphone’s hotspot network, and don’t forget to type in your password. 😉
- Reconnect the device (the one on which you've followed the installation process) to its usual network.
- Now you can go on with the process on your MySmiirl account and everything should be all set after a few minutes (if you need to link your Counter to its data, in the following articles we explain how to proceed for a Facebook Counter, an Instagram Counter, and a Custom Counter).
Once you’ve done all this, you won’t need to do it again. The Counter will connect itself back to your hotspot every time you turn it on (as long as your Counter is plugged 🔌). Kindly note that it can take a few minutes, so please be patient. 🧘🏾