Can I connect my Counter via Hotspot?
Well of course 🕵🏽
Connecting your Counter via your smartphone hotspot will have it consume approximately 5Mo/day.
🚨 However, the first time you set your Counter up will ask you to get:
- the smartphone your Counter will be connected to
- another device (smartphone, laptop, tablet) from which you will follow the setup process that is described on https://my.smiirl.com/
Ready? Set? Go!
1) Activate your phone’s hotspot (the one that your Counter is going to be connected to) and don’t touch it till the end of the setup process.
2) Connect your other device to your MySmiirl account and click on “Set up” or "Reconnect my Counter".
3) Connect this device to the Smiirl_setup network and go on with the setup process.
4) Still, from the same device, select your smartphone’s hotspot network, and don’t forget to type in your password. 😉
5) Reconnect the device to its usual network.
Now you can go on with the process on your MySmiirl account and everything should be all set after a few minutes.
Good news everyone! 🙏
Once you’ve done all this, you won’t need to do it again. The Counter will connect itself back to your hotspot every time you turn it on. YES.