Do I need an Internet connection?
Yes, you do and it is compulsory!
Our Counters must be plugged and connected through a Wifi or Ethernet connection in order to be able to fetch the information needed and display a number on your Smiirl box. 😍
What you can connect your Counter to:
- ✔ Your own router that is set to broadcast a 2.4GHz network, via Wi-Fi , for this you will need your Wi-Fi password, we explain how to do so here.
- ✔ Your own router, via an Ethernet cable, you will need to do so an RJ45 cable. In the following article, we describe every step to make sure your Counter works through an Ethernet connection. 💪🏼
- ✔ Your smartphone's hotspot connection. Though you will need a second device only to configure the Counter. After it's all set, you can bring your Counter with you wherever your smartphone has internet reception (events, tradeshows). It's all easy peasy lemon squeezy and this article can help you if you need it.
- ✔ Your 4G key, in this case, you will need to follow the same process as for a Wi-Fi connection.
- ✔ A high-security network (companies’ networks, hotels, ...). You will need your network administrator's assistance with the Captive Portal. They can either give you a password or whitelist your device with the MAC Address located on a label at the back of the Counter (you might know it as the ID).
⚠️Please note that you won't be able to connect your Counter via: