I need to link my Facebook Counter to my Facebook page. How should I do it?
Here's what you can do to link your Facebook page to your Counter (renew the access token*):
- Log in to My.Smiirl
- In the 'My Counters' section, click on Settings
- Click on Link my Counter to a Facebook page
- You'll be directed to Facebook, select your page and give Smiirl the authorisation to access it (more info here)
Don't worry, we won't be able to do anything on your page, but this will allow your Counter to get your number of Likes
- Once you are back in your Counter's settings, select your Facebook page in the dropdown menu
- Click on Save
🎉 And that's it, your Counter is now linked to your Facebook page! Please note that it also needs to be connected to the Internet in order to display your number of Likes.
What if I don't see any Facebook page?
This means that you don't have any admin rights on your Facebook page yet. You can click here to find out how the administrator can add/remove roles from a Facebook page. There can be several administrators for the same Facebook page 😉
Or you may just have forgotten to select your Facebook page in the step below. You should click on Link my Counter to a Facebook page, then on Edit Settings, and that's where you'll be able to see the list of Facebook page(s) that can be linked to your Counter. If you don't see your page on the list, then it means that you don't have any admin rights on it.
* What is an access token? It contains the security credentials that will let Facebook know that there's a real person behind your Counter, and that this person wants the Counter to access their number of Likes