I need to link my Instagram Business account with my Instagram Counter. How should I do it?
🎥 In this video we explain what you need to do to link your Instagram Business account with your Counter.
📖If you prefer to read, you can follow the steps described below, it will help you make your Counter up and running! 💪🏼
Here's what you need to do:
- On your browser connect to your Facebook personal account, on which you are the administrator of the professional Facebook page connected with your Instagram Business account. If you are not sure with which Facebook page your Instagram is connected, don't hesitate to have a look at these articles :
- On a new tab, log in to your My.Smiirl
- In the "My Counters" section, click on "Settings" of your Instagram Counter
- Click on "Link my Counter to an Instagram Business account"
- Then you will be redirected to Facebook, don't worry that's normal. 😇First of all, click on "Continue as xxx"
- Select the Facebook pages you want to link with your Counter (⚠️by selecting the Facebook pages you are also selecting the Instagram accounts linked with these Facebook pages) and click on "Next"
- Then, give Smiirl the authorizations to access it (more info here). Make sure you answered "YES" at least for these two questions: "Read content posted on the Page" and "Manage accounts, settings, and webhooks for a Page". Click on "Done"
- Don't worry, we won't be able to do anything on your page, but this will allow your Counter to get your number of Followers.
- Click on "OK"
- Once you are back in your Counter's settings, select the Instagram account you want to associate with your Counter in the drop-down menu
- Click on Save
🎉 And that's it, your Counter is now linked to your Instagram account! Please note that it also needs to be connected to the Internet in order to display your number of Followers.
What if I don't see any Facebook page or Instagram account?
I can be due to the following elements:
- You don't have any admin rights on your Facebook page yet. You can click here to find out how the administrator can add/remove roles from a Facebook page. There can be several administrators for the same Facebook page 😉
- Make sure you have an Instagram Business account, to check it, you can read the following article: How can I know if I already have an Instagram business account?
Or you may just have forgotten to select your Facebook page in the step "What pages do you want to use with Smiirl?", in this case, follow the instructions given in this article: Is it possible to change the Facebook business page linked to the Counter once it’s been set up?
- Or your Instagram account is not linked to your Facebook page yet. You can read the following articles to check this: