How can I reset my Counter?
First of all, here are the reasons why you should reset your Counter:
- You have just changed the password of your WiFi network;
- You haven't been able to reconnect your Counter following a power outage;
- You now want to connect it with an Ethernet cable instead of using your WiFi network - or the other way round;
- Your Counter is displaying a striped flap on the left, and yet you can't see the SmiirlSetup network.
And please keep in mind that if you want to connect your Counter to a WiFi network, neither your Counter nor your computer should be plugged in to an Ethernet cable ;)
Now, here's what you need to do to reset your Counter:
1- Unplug your Counter, plug it back in and when the digits start turning (it'll take about 30 secondes), unplug it again while the flaps are rotating.
2- Then again, plug your Counter back in, and when the digits start rotating, unplug it while the flaps are moving.
3- Plug it in for the last time and let the digits turn, your Counter should display "5" on each flap. After a moment, the flaps will become blank again and then the first flap on the left will be striped. Your Counter is now reset 😁
4- Now please go back to your Mysmiirl account : https://my.smiirl.com/en/
5- Click on the button “(Re)connect my Counter” and follow the instructions.
If there's any problem, please get in touch with our Support Team (see "Contact us" below), and tell them:
- Which step doesn't work;
- What the Counter displays (a number, or blank flaps, or stripes - and in that case, how many striped flaps you see before it's back to displaying only 1 striped flap).