Why do I have an error message when I enter my Facebook page URL?
You entered your Facebook URL in the Settings of your Instagram Counter and you got the following error message:
⚠️ OOPSY, there seems to be a problem!
You now need to have a closer look at the error message that will be displayed below. Here's a list of messages you're likely to get:
- The URL you entered is not correct, it needs to correspond to a Facebook page and to start with https://www.facebook.com/
This means that you entered an Instagram URL, or a Facebook profile or groupe URL, or a URL which starts with https://business.facebook.com/
- You haven’t given Smiirl the authorization to access your Facebook page
A Facebook page appeared when you clicked on a red switch button a few moments ago, and you didn't authorize Smiirl to communicate with your page. Go to the "My Account" section at the top of the page, and click on the green/red button below 'Facebook' to reactivate it.
- Your Instagram account is not linked to your Facebook page yet
The Facebook page you entered is not linked to your Instagram account yet, you should check it out there ;)
- You don’t have any role on this Facebook page
You need to have administrator rights on the Facebook page, otherwise your Counter won't be able to access neither your Facebook page nor your Instagram account.
- Your role on the Facebook page is not sufficient
You do have a role on the page, but it's not important enough. You need to have administrator rights on the Facebook page.
- The page name doesn’t exist, please make sure there’s no typo
The URL format is correct, but you may have forgotten a character when you copied/pasted the URL, or maybe you just made a typo somewhere ;) Or you may just need to renew your access token, click here to know how ;)
If you're still not sure what to do, don’t hesitate to contact our Support team: firstname.lastname@example.org. Don't forget to tell them which error message you got ;)